Syndra is a mage who has found a loyal following over her years on the Rift. With a kit allowing him to return fights thanks to his massive controls, but also to be formidable during duels, in particular thanks to his ultimate which makes it possible to easily suppress an opposing attack.
However, Syndra remains one of the most classic mage/controllers and fails due to her lack of mobility and her fragility. A pick that can be devastating, but on which the slightest error can quickly prove fatal and put you permanently behind in your game. It is on this aspect that Riot wanted to make the changes put in place on the midlaner.
. If the latter keeps its DNA, it will however have more impact on the rhythm of the games.
Les changements de Syndra pour le patch 12.19
Syndra accumulates up to 120 shards by damaging champions and leveling up. Shards of Wrath enhance Syndra and her skills. Syndra recovers 20-215 (from level 1-18) mana each time she picks up a shard from an enemy. She can earn shards in these ways:
- Deal damage to an enemy champion with 2 skills within 4 seconds. (She gains 1/2/3 shards at levels 1/11/18) (8 second cooldown per target)
- Leveling up a skill grants 5 shards. (Up to 85 at level 18)
- Killing a Cannon minion grants 1 shard.
Upon reaching 120 shards, Syndra increases her total Power (AP) by 15%. Spell icons change as they are upgraded.
We are keeping the idea of improving skills over the game that was already present in the old version of the passive. However, the speed of progression of this one is more dependent on the style of play of the players. If it was enough before leveling up, we can now speed up his game by promoting aggressive gameplay in the lane phase. Conversely, not playing poke will make you fall behind on your full potential, the 15% AP bonus being far from negligible on a mage.
- Base health: 593 > 563
Black Sphere (A)
- Cooldown: 4s > 7s
- Mana cost: 40/50/60/70/80 > 40/45/50/55/60
- Ratio AP : 65 % > 70 %
- At 40 Wrath Shards, Syndra can store an additional charge (1.25s cooldown on each charge)
An improvement that will be essential to improve your zoning, poke and greatly facilitate your ability to amass shards.
Strength of Will (W)
- Detection range for collecting spheres: 400 > 450
- Prevents units, out of spheres, from dying for a short time when picked up.
- At 60 Wrath Shards, Force of Will deals 15% (+1.5% per 100 AP) of its damage as true damage.
Enough to improve the damage of your combos a little more, especially on tanks and fighters.
Scatter the Weak (E)
- Magic Damage: 85-265 (+60% AP) > 75-235 (+55% AP)
- Angle de dispersion: 34° > 56°
- Cooldown: 18-14s > 15s
- Stun duration: 1.5s > 1.25s
- Short range Q>E combo failure chance reduced
- At 80 Wrath Shards, Scatter the Weak has its scatter angle increased (56°>84°), the skill also applies a 70% slow for 1.25s after the initial control ends.
Changes that will allow Syndra to be a little more immune to ganks in the early stages of the game, thanks to a Scatter of the weak that becomes wider at base.
Unleashed Power (R)
- Gives Black Sphere (Q) recovery speed (10/20/30)
- Damage per sphere: 90/140/190 (+20% AP) > 90/130/170 (+17% AP)
- At 100 Wrath Shards, Executes target if below 15% health.
Along with further improving your Q poke potential with its new passive, execute should once again make match-ups with a bit more life easier to kill.
Patch 12.19 will be available from Wednesday, October 5 on League of Legends.